Prince Charles would not now accept large sums of cash handed over to him for his charities, a senior royal source said, after a newspaper reported an ex-Qatari prime minister had given him 3 million euros ($3.2 million), some of it in shopping bags. We do not know how many or how much cash money he got in total, but he probably made enough and agree to stop taking again bags with cash for his so called charity.
The Sunday Times said the heir to the British throne had been personally given three lots of cash by Sheikh Hamad bin Jassim bin Jaber Al Thani between 2011 and 2015.
Charles's office said the money was handed over to one of his charities who carried out appropriate governance and gave assurances that all the correct processes were followed. And it's up to you to believe it or not.
"As we said over the weekend, it was passed immediately to his charities, and it was his charities who decided to accept the money. That is a decision for them. As they've confirmed, it followed all the right processes," the source told reporters, speaking on condition of anonymity.
Try to imagine if this will happen to you, and that will be your answer. You will be arrested for money laundering and obviously no reasonable person will take your word that all the correct processes were followed.
In a normal country without a corrupted rule of law, the only thing that Prince Charles will have to show the public in exchange for being released from arrest is exactly where the money has been deposited and how exactly this money has been spent. But in Britain - the rule of law is totally corrupted and had different ways to apply or to be avoided for different classes.
"The Prince of Wales operates on advice. Situations, contexts change over the years. I can say with certainty that for more than half a decade ... this has not happened and it would not happen again." said his spokesman.
Well, all we can say is, don't try to give the same answer to a police, if you want to avoid jail time.
The Sunday Times said there was no suggestion that the payments were illegal but anti-monarchy campaign group Republic said it had written to Britain's Charity Commission to demand an investigation.
In November Michael Fawcett, the right-hand man to Prince Charles for decades, stepped down from his role running one of the British royal's main charities weeks after the Sunday Times said he had offered honours in return for donations.
Police and the Charity Commission are investigating those claims. A spokesman for the prince has previously said that Charles had no knowledge of the alleged offer of honours or citizenship on the basis of donations.